I was provided with the Mama May I Story Starter to review, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’ve written before that I love making up stories for Jackson. It’s one of those parenting things that comes naturally to me and it’s one that I love to do. So when we received the Story Starters from Mama May I, both Jackson and I were excited to get playing.
But before we get down to the fun, can I just say that the Story Starters arrived wrapped in paper and sealed making them a great gift right out of the box. The packaging was beautiful and I almost wished we didn’t have to tear into it.
Inside the package were 4 dice each with different symbols on them, a symbol key, a small pen, a notebook and a bookmark to mark your favorite stories. Story Starters comes in a sturdy tin box that holds all of the pieces and has the instructions in the bottom of the box, making this a great toy to take with you on trips.
There are two ways to play Story Starters, as a group or on your own.
- Each player gets one of the dice. The youngest player rolls the cube and starts the adventure with the image that lands face up.
- Play continues clockwise and with each player the story builds.
- Record the story in the notebook provided.
- Roll each of the dice together or separately and let the pictures inspire your imagination.
- Tell the story aloud or write one in your journal.