I’m a bit addicted to all things salted caramel. My husband has said to me more than once that, “not everything needs sea salt”. But I disagree, everything is better with a little sea salt. And even better with a little sea salt and caramel.
The last time my sea salt obsession came up was when he was making hot chocolate. “Sprinkle some salt in it” I said. “Oh and top it with some caramel” I added. Then I saw the packet of hot chocolate mix in his hand and said, “you are doing it all wrong”. To which he glared at me and said, “then why don’t you do it”.
But rather than make it myself I walked him through how to make the perfect hot chocolate.
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Dove Milk Chocolate squares
- Whipped cream
- Sea Salt
How to make the perfect hot chocolate:
- Heat 6 oz of milk in a sauce pan on the stove over low to medium heat.
- Add 3 Dove Milk Chocolates (you can use more if you want it extra chocolate) to the pan and whisk, reduce heat to low.
- While chocolate is melting, heat caramel in the microwave about 15 seconds will do.
- Once chocolates have melted remove pan from heat and pour into a mug
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle caramel over whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with sea salt