I wasn’t thrilled when Arie was announced as the next Bachelor. I didn’t watch Emily’s season mostly because I took a break from the Bachelor when they gave Brad a second go at it. So I wasn’t familiar with Arie and I didn’t really see the appeal of pulling out a runner-up from a few seasons ago. Arie isn’t like Nick, where everyone knew Nick, Arie was kind of a distant, distant memory. But while he may not be the Bachelor we wanted (hello Peter) he’s the Bachelor we got.
The things that stood out on the first night were how young the Bachelorettes are. If one more person made a joke about his “salt and pepper” hair or him being a “silver fox” I might have downed by Cabernet and went to bed because ladies 36 is not old. But I guess when you are 24, 36 seems light years away.
Which of course brings about the question why would a 24-year-old want to date a 36-year-old? And no matter how many times the girls said, “he’s older he knows what he wants” all of us out there know they are there to become Instagram famous, #Fabfitfun #blessed.
There were no real standouts for me on the first night, and I clearly was confused by all the Laurens. Chelsea is the new Olivia and the girl with the scandalous short hair (I heard it’s the first time a bachelorette has had short hair) they all basically looked like people I had seen before. But of course, I’m excited to see what drama this season brings.
Wine In Bachelor Fantasy League Top 3 Week 8
This weeks scores are a 3-way tie for first place.
Make sure you join our Facebook group, it’s the only way I can contact you if you win.
The rest of the leaderboard can be viewed here.
Join The Fantasy Bachelorette League Here.
Bachelor Fantasy Prizes Include:
$25 gift card TBD by the winner
Wine themed swag
Week 1 Fantasy Bachelor Questions Preview:
- Arie introduces one of the bachelorettes to his family: True or False
- How many women join Arie on the first group date?
- Arie spoils one of the bachelorettes with a pair of designer heals from which designer: Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin, or Prada
- What causes one bachelorette to confront another bachelorette at the cocktail party: who gets a rose, interrupting one on one time, duplicate dresses, or spilling a drink
- A bachelorette takes a dip in the hot tub with Arie: True or False