The summer holidays are almost here and it’s all about red, white and blue patriotic cocktails. Whenever we have a long holiday weekend I’m always looking for a fun themed drink to sip by the pool or to bring to a barbeque. These 15 patriotic cocktails are delicious, fun and festive way to celebrate the summer holidays.
15 Patriotic Cocktails for Summer
1. The Capsicle – Really, Are You Serious?
2. Blue Hawaiian Recipe – Baking Beauty
3. Red White & Blue Italian Ice Champagne Floats – The Kitchen is My Playground
4. Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade – Robyn’s World
5. Red White & Blue Daiquiri – Kleinworth & Co.
6. Sweet Star Spangled Vodka Margarita – This Worthey Life
7. Red White & Blue Fourth of July Sangria Recipe – Bred Did
8. Blue Margaritas – Baking Beauty
9. Gin and Tonic Cocktail: Red, White, and Blue – Restless Chipotle
10. Red, White, and Blue Boozy Punch – Totally the Bomb
11. Blueberry Strawberry Mojito – Well Plated
12. Strawberry Basil Lemonade – Robyn’s World
13. Blue Whiskey – The Worthey Life
14. Red White and Blue Martini – Someday I’ll Learn
15. Red Berry Pomegranate Punch – Lipgloss and Crayons
Cocktail Serving tips
- Prep drinks far enough in advance in large pitchers or dispenser so that guests can self-serve and so that the ingredients have time to come together.
- Let people add their own ice, that way the cocktails don’t become watered down.
- Stock up on lots of ice. If it’s hot people will want to refresh their drinks.
- If using disposable cups, make sure to provide a sharpie marker so guests can write their names on the cups.
- If drinking poolside plastic wine glasses are a must, I love these ones from Wine Outside, because they don’t look like plastic and are stemless so they won’t blow over.
- Keep lots of water on hand. It’s easy to get dehydrated drinking in the sun.