Yesterday summer appeared. After weeks of rain and clouds and cool days and the occasional day of warm weather, it feels like summer might be here, to stay. Fingers crossed. I love summer and by mid May I’m ready to put aside my winter clothes. I’m ready to be done with homework and sports and backpacks and lunch boxes and having to get out the door by a certain time.
What I’m not looking forward to is long days of “Mom I’m bored” and “What are we doing today” and the endless requests for snacks and drinks and, “can I play video games”. Summer is exhausting. Not to mention that it requires a whole new wardrobe that doesn’t involve my favorite comfortable clothes leggings.
So what should a leggings loving mom wear in the summer? Here are some of my favorite pieces that are comfortable, flattering, affordable and stylish.
This post contains affiliate links.
Summer Style for Moms Who Live in Leggings
Summer Tops for Moms
I love tops that are flowy and glide over problem areas. Tops that are lightweight and not tight at all. Here are 6 of my favorites that can be dressed up or dressed down.
1. Everywhere Slub-Knit Racerback Tank for Women – Old Navy have an obsession with pineapples and this top is comfortable, flowy and lightweight. Dress it up with some earrings or dress it down. Don’t love pineapples, don’t worry it comes in a variety of colors.
2. Madewell Whisper Cotton Tank – Nordstrom
This is the kind of tank I would buy in every color, I have it in the basics – black and white.
3. Free People Long Beach Tank – Nordstrom
Last summer I brought this in every color. It’s great to throw on for the beach or with skinny jeans and heels for a night out.
1. Luxletic Anisa Tank – Lily Pulitzer I tend to stay away from colors or patterns, but I brought this at the end of last summer and I love it. The fit is incredibly flattering and the colors go great with white jeans or shorts.
2. Relaxed High Neck Tank – Old Navy
I recently got this for an event. My mom picked it out and I was hesitant at first but I love the fit and it’s really comfortable and easy to dress up with the right accessories.
3. Crochet Swing Tank – Gap
I love the subtle details on this top, it can easily go from play date to date night.
Summer Shorts for Mom
I know shorts, tend to get a bad rep but a few years ago I started wearing them because capris just don’t look good on short girls and its way too hot at the playground for anything other than shorts. I promise all of these are flattering and age appropriate, no booty shorts here.
Left to Right From Top
1. Stay-White Boyfriend Shorts – Old Navy
I know you are a mom you can’t wear white. That’s what I thought too but trust me you can and these look great with so many things.
2. Callahan Shorts – Lily Pulitzer
I love the longer length on these and the summer pattern looks great for a night on the boardwalk.
3. Walsh Shorts – Lily Pulitzer
I love these shorts and I have them in a white and pink pattern and I get so many compliments on them. I can dress them up or down.
4. Jacquard Boardwalk Pull-On Shorts – J. Crew Factory
These were my favorite discovery of last summer. They are comfortable, stylish and they have an elastic waist. Look great and feel comfortable on the playground.
5. Cut-Off Denim Shorts – Old Navy
I buy these every summer, they are a great staple and go with everything.
6. Mid-Rise Printed Linen Blend Shorts – Old Navy
I have these in white with pineapples, and they will be my go-to shorts this summer.
These simple and I promise comfortable looks make my summer wardrobe easy and keep me cool and confident when heading out with the kids. I love summer. I love the time spent with my kids at the park or the pool or on the beach. It’s an exhausting few months and every mom deserves a few new things to before heading into the season of swimsuits and “Mom what are we doing next”.